Thursday, April 30, 2009

First day on the job

Yesterday was Jackson's first day as a hard working citizen. He went to work with daddy after lunch! Jeremy decided that he wanted to give me the afternoon off already! :) so I got to go get a pedicure and shop a little bit while the guys went to work. He sooo could have saved that surprise for Mother's day, but he didn't and I'm not complaining! I don't think they worked either of them too hard. I kind of wish I could have been there to see the soldiers baby talking to him. Jeremy said it was pretty funny. One even asked if he could sniff Jackson's head because he missed the baby smell haha!









Hardly working
When I picked them up we had to go to Target and the NEX for groceries, so we ate dinner at the NEX. The ceiling and walls are decorated like under water, and Jack kept staring at the big whale on the ceiling.

I did miss them the little time I was away. I am adjusting slowly to being a stay at home mom/housewife/whatever. I don't feel very domestic at all. I'm just being honest here. I do try to keep things clean and orderly, but as far as cooking up crazy stuff and being crafty I just don't know. Plus we only have one car out here, so I think knowing that I can't leave the house (unless we plan ahead and I take Jeremy to work) gets to me sometimes. I love our little life though! I am very happy don't get me wrong. Our house is located in a valley near Jeremy's post and it is so pretty down here. These flowers are in our front yard.










I am beginning to wonder about my sanity though. We left our patio door open while we were gone yesterday (accidentally) and I swore that someone came in and stole our coffee filters. I was convinced that someone came in our back door and took them. Jeremy brought them downstairs earlier this morning though, somehow they made it up to our bathroom on top of my makeup bag. What?! Who knows....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

He's just beautiful Amanda! Keep the photos coming! I'm so glad you guys are in Hawaii! That's GREAT!