Saturday, April 11, 2009

3 Weeks Old

Yesterday Jackson turned 3 weeks old ALREADY. I can't believe it! He is growing so much and just getting longer and longer.
He is such a sweetheart

Holding onto daddy's arm, Jackson wasn't feeling well. He has been having tummy problems poor baby.

This was last week at his first pediatrician visit. He weighed 9lbs 11 oz and was 21 inches long.
Looking up at his mommy.
We found him sleeping like this the other night, he must have been saying a little prayer :)
So I really didn't know how I would be as a mother. I always heard about how things come naturally and how your life changes instantly. I had changed one diaper before Jackson and I loved my sleep. Now, diapers are nothing to me and waking up and going back to sleep are no problems. I'm sure we will be worn down at times (we have been some already) but we haven't been happier. Jeremy has been such a great daddy and so supportive. We feel very lucky that he has been able to stay in Arkansas for such a long time this time. It is so crazy how he came in from a 15 month deployment and we had a baby the same week.

Jackson has been holding his head up very well since day one, and he keeps getting better! He already can push off our legs and stand while holding onto our fingers(he learned this due to a tummy ache). We are trying to find a solution to his stomach problems. He has already been on Enfamil Gentleease and we recently tried soy milk since I was lactose intolerant as a baby. So far he reacts the same to all formula. Also, we are trying the Mylicon drops as of last night. I am sooo hoping they work or it will be a long flight to Hawaii! I was only breast feeding, but we had to start supplementing with formula because he is eating between 4-6 oz every 2-3 hours. Anyway, he is a very strong boy. He is very alert and focusing well.

In the next week we will be finishing things up and getting ready to fly out to Hawaii, where we will be living until Jeremy gets orders for Officer Candidate School. The day we fly out will be so hard but I know all this is only temporary. My pups will be in good hands until we get off the island and family will be coming out this summer. I will have to blog and post lots of pictures more often. That shouldn't be hard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hurry up and get his 4 and 5 week pictures up, we're having withdrawals lol