Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Somewhat update and Colorado


I know I haven't updated in forever! There has been a lot going on since my last post. Right now we are in Colorado visiting dad until December 23rd. We are leaving that morning to head back to Arkansas.

Jeremy made it to Kuwait just fine, he is very homesick! The tent is climate controlled though so that's good. He said it gets really cold at night. He doesn't get to call much because its 2.49 a minute. They have a hard time getting phone cards so we are going to try to talk online as much as possible once he gets to Iraq and I get Internet at the house. Before we left Hawaii we had a tropical storm that blew a big trampoline into Jeremy's truck(the day before we were selling it). Luckily we still sold both of our vehicles the next day and were on foot. We walked around 3 miles that night to our favorite restaurant and waited on Doug to come and pick us up. Our last couple of days on the island weren't the greatest with no power due to the storm. Jeremy got to go past the gate at the airport and see me off on the 8th. It was very hard for us. Then my plane was the first to land in Little Rock due to extreme fog!! I had never seen fog like that before. We didn't even see the runway til we touched down. We are almost diverted to Memphis like the other flights and that would have been terrible. I needed to get home. Jeremy had a 32 hour travel time to Kuwait so I felt terrible for him. We are already so excited for his 2 week leave next summer.

Here are some picture from our trip to Colorado so far. I will add more when I can use my own computer and Internet.


This is down the road from dad's house at Liberty Point
At the Royal Gorge, we were at the bottom of an incline to the Arkansas River

On the bridge that goes across the Royal Gorge
The train you drive down the incline
Me, Audrey, and Ashley. We were so cold! It was in the 20's. We were on the incline train.

View of Pike's Peak

Our new Indian tabogans
Dad
The courthouse in Pueblo


These are from the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs



I will add much more when I get home! We are headed to Denver tomorrow




No comments: