Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jackson McNair

So here is our little man...the middle name is still being polished up..one more conversation with Jeremy and we'll be there. I have always loved the name Jackson and Jeremy has too. That has been our boy name since the beginning! I have lots of ultrasound pictures but I am learning how to use my scanner and I just don't have the patience for it tonight! These are the best ones though. In the first picture below you can see he has his ankles crossed. You can also see how well developed his spine looks. We could see it really well. The black spot in his mid section is his stomach. The tech said that you can tell the stomach is working properly when you see the black in the stomach. It's the fluid that he is taking in and out. The ultrasound lasted forever, but at this point I was worried because we couldn't see between his legs and I was afraid that we weren't going to find out the sex.

She measured EVERYTHING! I never knew how much they could tell from this ultrasound. The heart had 4 chambers, brain looked like it was perfectly developing, my amniotic fluid was perfect, his head, neck, back, spine, and umbilical cord were all perfect. Thank you God! We are so happy and lucky. The technician had me lay on my side to get a better view of things, when I did so, he stretched out and let us know what he was. He isn't so shy after all! Figures...
He is looking at the camera here, kind of strange looking! Grandma thinks he has my chin, I agree (if it is even possible to tell this early on).

I was pleasantly surprised at the radiology office. Before, I wasn't happy because their recorder was broken etc. Come to find out, they never had a DVD recorder but they are upgrading soon. They had VHS but one was broken so they don't record for anyone, just to be fair. After they talked to Jeremy, they agreed to make an exception. I spoke to them first and got nowhere, I don't think I talked to the right person though. Jeremy, on the other hand did. When we got there, I noticed there was patriotic music playing. Then I noticed we were sitting next to a "In Memory of" plaque and memorial. I was in and out of the office a lot because I drank so much water. I had a ridiculous time keeping a full bladder! Drink up, give in to having to go, repeat. Anyway, Jana and mom were about to go to wal-mart to get a VHS tape(we didn't know we had to bring one) when the receptionist (Jamie) brought out a gift bag for me. I was in the bathroom and found it when I got out. She had personally bought us a gift because she talked to Jeremy on the phone and said he was very nice and our situation really touched her. She was the 3rd person he was transferred to and I am so glad. Her brother was in the army and had been to Iraq. She felt bad for our situation and wanted to thank Jeremy and do something for us. (She didn't mention any of this when he spoke to her). She was the one that arranged for the VHS taping that they don't do for anyone. As grandma and I sat and waited, we talked to Jamie a little bit. I opened my gift and it was a Willow Tree Thank You Angel. So sweet! She wrote us a letter and explained how she felt about the sacrifices of soldiers and their families. I only got halfway through the letter because I realized that her brother was the one with the memorial in the waiting area. She wrote the letter to us in memory of him, Donovan Witham. Killed in action August 21st, 2007 in Iraq. I couldn't believe how she had gone above and beyond for us, how considerate she was, and how hard it must have been for her to even write that letter. Her brother was only 20 years old. The gift she gave us means so much to us in so many ways. I am so touched. Before we left I gave her a huge hug and thanked her again. Talk about emotional.

After my appointment we went to Baby's R Us. We found the perfect bedding/theme for our little prince! Since Jeremy is going into aviation (unless something changes) how perfect is this?


While we are in Arkansas, we won't have a room for him. Since we will be moving soon, there isn't a point in going through all the trouble. However, I am trying to be fully prepared for his room when we do settle in on our next post...probably Fort Rucker, Alabama. I am going to try to find the stuff cheap online and everything between now and then. Mom spotted this theme though and I just couldn't believe it! If Jeremy doesn't do aviation then I have a backup. But even if he does take a different route, the theme is still kind of army-ish anyway.

Now for the Halloween pictures! Logan the turtle (our nephew) and his mom Kira

Chloe wasn't the center of attention so she was pouting.

Logan got hot so he took off his shell. Here he is with Jeremy's brother Eric.

She wanted to be held all night. She is sleeping here. I was so tired too!

Mom with our cousins Staci and Amanda. The little ones are Madison(Staci's daughter) and Ryan, their nephew.

Today was Ashley's birthday party at Playtime Pizza. We had lots of fun and ate a lot!

My niece Emma loved the cars!

Ashley playing the blacklight mini golf. This was my favorite part.

The whole family playing "Whack a Mole"
Josh (Ashley's brother and Lindsey's husband) Emma (their youngest) Olivia (the big sis) and Lindsey (my cousin)



Opening presents

Me and Lindsey in the pirates cove.
Me and Ash playing Mario Kart. So fun!
Olivia won some glasses :)

2 comments:

Ashley Scott...Oh the Randomness said...

congratulations on the baby boy!!!

Jessica said...

I love the name you guys have picked out!! I got chills and just about cried when I read about what the lady at the Dr office did for you! How sweet and emotional that is!!!!