Monday, December 8, 2008

One Year Ago Today.....

We kicked off the 15 month challenge called our first and hopefully last deployment. I flew out of Hawaii on the night of December 8th, 2007. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to do, but at the same time we were so ready to get this deployment over with. Jeremy and Doug drove me to the airport that night and on our way, we stopped by one of our favorite restaurants...Dixie Grill. We had one more "Screaming Mai Tai" before I got on the plane. Those drinks were huge and so good! Then Doug dropped me and Jeremy off at the door, Jeremy got to go past security and wait with me at the gate until they did the last call for all passengers. So sad I was almost sick over it. We are so glad that is over with! Jeremy left Hawaii headed for Iraq on December 10th, and he says that it was probably easier for me to leave when I did. It would have been too hard for him to leave.

Our last picture in Hawaii at Dixie Grill

During that week, we tried to enjoy the Christmas decorations and enjoy Hawaii together.
These pics were taken downtown.


While we were finalizing things out in Hawaii, things were extra complicated for us because we were dealing with selling both of our vehicles and a tropical storm came through and tore things up along with knocking out our power. We already had our candles and everything packed into our storage building. Anyway, I remember all of this very well because in some ways it feels like yesterday.
Trees in our yard

Bye Mazda!
Bye Ranger!
We sold those vehicles on one of the very last days that we were there. Luckily!
It was sad packing up and leaving our very first place together.
Jeremy had tons of gear he had to pack and take to Iraq with him.
We had to get the place inspected before we left, so everything had to be clean and the way it was when he moved in.



I do miss it! It is hard to believe how much has changed in the past year.

No comments: