Friday, May 15, 2009

Someone is really getting animated these days...I can't believe he is 8 weeks old today :( Why do they grow so fast? I love how he is starting to smile at us though, and he is very vocal!

The rain forest chair is a little more acceptable to him, but it doesn't take long for him to get tired of it.

I was so shocked on Wednesday. I sat him up and started talking to him and he grinned at me so big! He kept turning his head and squinting at me with a big smile. I couldn't believe it. He makes tons of faces and smiled randomly (especially in his sleep) but never in response to me until now. I love it. I'm probably driving Jeremy crazy because I'm constantly talking to Jackson in different voices now just to see the faces I get.


My Mother's Day post was kind of short so I wanted to say a little more about my first Mother's Day. It was so neat. It is funny to me that I get to celebrate the day now thanks to Jackson. He and Jeremy got up early one day last weekend and were gone while I slept in. They went shopping and came home with my balloon (Jeremy informed me that Jackson chose the balloon), some chocolate and my bracelet (love it) that I didn't open until Sunday.

Jeremy said he went to lots of stores with Jack and several people were surprised that he went through the trouble of bringing the baby,which he thought was strange. Why wouldn't he bring him?

I have decided that it is a good thing that I didn't really understand the joy of motherhood earlier on in life, because I would have wanted a baby forever ago. I am loving it. It is a hard job that I'm just beginning, but a job that I wouldn't change for anything. The only way I could get him to sleep last night was while I held him , snuggled up on my left side. After a very fussy, stressful day he was being so sweet! I was happy just staring at him and thinking about his future, and then I got sad. It never fails! Anytime I think about him growing up it hits me really hard and I get sad. I have got to work on this before I break down in public or something. I worry about things like the first day of school, getting his heart broken, and getting picked on by other kids just to name a few. How do you get past being emotional in front of your baby? I have one problem solved, home school!


I just hope that he will never doubt how much his mommy (and daddy) love him. I probably tell him 100 times a day right now, so he will probably get sick of hearing it but I don't care. I hope he always will trust me and come to me for anything no matter what. I hope he is passionate about his walk with God, and that we can set good examples for him. I can't wait to show him the world....but at the same time it is this mean old world that I'm afraid of for him. Lord help the first person that hurts my baby!


2 comments:

Jessica said...

Amanda that post made me wanna cry :( Im getting emotional just reading it I cant imagine how you must feel! Your such a great Mommy and Jackson is just the sweetest :)

Dad said...

Wassa matta U? Did my necklace suck that bad? 8-)

I love you. You and Jack look so good together. I always knew you would be a good Mommy.