Wednesday, September 2, 2009

I always do this

There comes a time (after I have been in Arkansas for a little while) that I miss Hawaii. I don't really know why, because when I'm out there I always want to be here! I guess it is just one of those things. This is my favorite time of year, and I am very glad to be here for it and not in Hawaii. Football season, Halloween festivities and then kicking off the holidays, cool breeze blowing in fall, the state fair, I love it! I guess I just get a little homesick for the snow cones and beach. Who wouldn't? I remember being out there back in the fall 2007 and I wanted to be back home so badly! Halloween is huge out in Hawaii...I don't know if I've ever mentioned that before. I mean, they all decorate their houses like you would see around here for Christmas. Purple, orange, and green lights, blow up yard things, the works! Pretty neat! Anyway, I am so happy that Jeremy gets to be home with us for the holidays. We have never spent a Christmas together! Our first Christmas together as a family and we have a baby. It is going to be fun.

Jackson is being such a big boy. He has conquered:sweet potatoes, sweet peas, squash, carrots, peaches, bananas, and pears! Baby food is his thing! He is also rocking on his hands and knees. Almost crawling! He actually can be on his stomach and push up with his arms, extending his legs all the way like he is standing up, and then he falls over. But he gets up really well on his arms and he will make some progress and then he flattens out onto his belly and scoots. He gets around sooo quickly. Any day now we will have a full blown crawler on our hands.

Jeremy will be home soon and we are really looking forward to hanging out here at the house without having to work on a huge project or something. It will be nice, but we will probably have a hard time sitting still for long. We have our work cut out for us up in Kentucky. Once we get up there for him to inprocess, we have to figure out how our living situation is going to work out. They tell us we are number 36 (today) out of 175 on the waiting list. You can check it online and I probably already check it too much. They told us we need to find temporary lodging :( The army will only pay for ten days in a hotel so we will have to either fight for a house on post or get one off post (Jeremy seems pretty confident that they tell everyone that there is a wait at first but there are ways around it...we will see won't we). Our stuff is in storage in Louisville, and we have until late October to get it out. Oh the journey we are on, sometimes I wonder what is over the next mountain. Reminds me of that Miley Cyrus song haha.

I have been having horrible headaches again, but thankfully my MRI and CT scan results both came back clear. I guess it is just all muscular. I do have neck and back problems from time to time and stress doesn't help. I was having headaches every night for awhile there, but I think they have gotten a little better.

I had many failed attempts at uploading pics yesterday and today, so for now I don't have any pictures. For some reason my computer won't recognize the external hard drive where I uploaded all my pics.

No comments: