Saturday, October 10, 2009

Pictures and Update

My dad got him this little newsboy outfit! I love it!


He said enough already!

Game day! Everytime Jack wears Razorback gear we win!


Jeremy is at Fort Knox now trying to make heads or tails out of what we are supposed to do next. Since we have been sick, we decided that Jack and I should stay back and let Jeremy go to Kentucky for a couple of weeks without us. It is a good thing he did because he got to Knox with our stuff in a Uhaul and they notified him at housing that our temporary house was being demolished and that we had nowhere to go. He was now number 12 on the temporary housing list and who knows about our permanent house. Our agent won't be back until Tuesday because she took a vacation. He had about 3 hours to find a storage building and a place for him to stay that did weekly rates. In the middle of the night a rent house listed (miraculously) and we called on it first thing. Before noon she had 4 calls so she took the listing offline. Anyway, since Monday is Columbus day we won't know until Tuesday or Wednesday if we got the house. People are FIGHTING for housing out there right now. It is ridiculous! When Jeremy and I went up there on the first of October to take care of everything (which wound up being pointless) there were 90 something people on the E1-E5 list for on post housing and no houses. It is really bad. We were second on the list when we left Fort Knox a week ago which is why we chose to stay on post.

So now Jeremy is staying in a hotel 30 minutes from post, we are having to pay for that and a storage building. He unloaded the entire Uhaul into storage by himself on Saturday morning and now we are just waiting to see what is going to happen! If we don't get that house I don't know what we are going to do. Tuesday Jeremy plans on being in the housing office first thing because obviously it isn't right how they are doing people. There are tons of families up there right now paying for a hotel because they have nowhere to go. The Command Sergeant Major wasn't there for him to speak to, they told Jeremy that he wouldn't be back until Tuesday also.

Jeremy also starts work on Tuesday too, so we are hopeful that things will go smoothly! On the 22nd of October mom, Jack, and myself will be driving up to Fort Knox then she will fly back the next week.

Jackson is feeling better and I'm on my last day of steroids. I feel better but my chest is still hurting. I think I'm just going to start ignoring it and maybe it will go away. They started me on new antibiotics and cough syrup. I am so ready to feel better! This time of year is usually so beautiful and fun and I'm ready to enjoy it. We have been staying in too much, and we have family that we really need to see before we head to Kentucky! The holidays are right around the corner though.

No comments: