Thursday, October 23, 2008

Who is ready for the holidays?

I am so ready for the holiday season. Not necessarily ready to Christmas shop and stuff, but ready for cozy sweaters, good food, the smell of fireplaces burning when you walk outside, time with family, hot drinks(like cocoa, apple cider, and my favorite pumpkin spice hot latte from Starbucks). I don't know why I am in such a fall mood! Maybe it is because I didn't get back from Hawaii until December 9th, so we skipped lots of fall stuff. I loved Hawaii but the holidays aren't the same out there. Next year, Jeremy will actually get to be home on Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, my birthday and Valentine's Day! We were lucky enough to fly home for 2 weeks in November though...Anyway I couldn't sleep (go figure) and thought I would share. If I had the stuff I would probably be in the kitchen right now making a pumpkin pie or something!

Tonight I think I hit a pregnancy milestone. I wasn't really feeling pregnant today. I guess that is part of the beauty of the second trimester. So tonight, out of nowhere, the little thumper in my belly decides to make his/her presence known. Seriously, more than ever. It is freaking me out a little bit. I'm thinking, if this keeps up I will be absolutely distracted for the next 5 months. AND when you touch my stomach directly below my belly button, on both sides but especially on the left side, it is like there is a melon in there. Hard as a rock! This is so strange for me, I might just wake Barney up to show him. Yesterday it wasn't like this at all. I'm sure all of the moms out there know what I am trying to say. It is so different when it happens to you! I don't really know if you are supposed to sleep on your stomach at this point, but I couldn't if I wanted to. It feels like you are laying on something hard, like you put a really firm small pillow under you.

Now for the army update

Jeremy is still doing fine out at Taji. Nothing new to report really. We will find out in January what school he will go to and where we will be stationed after he finishes Officer Candidate School in Georgia. OCS is a 3 month school that he will probably start around next July. He must complete this school to become an officer, then he gets his specialized training at our new post. During OCS, I will be traveling to Georgia at least once to see him (accompanied by our son or daughter of course and anyone else that wants to come along). So far, we figure we will be in Ft. Rucker Alabama after his OCS in Georgia. He wants to go into aviation and Ft. Rucker is where the 15 month training takes place. He can't get deployed during that 15 months! After Ft. Rucker who knows, we may very well be back in Arkansas.

Happy thought: He only has a little over 4 months left in Iraq, if that,then he will be back in the U.S.

I know all of the schools and training sounds confusing, but it works out. During all of that time, he will get to come home for around 2 months total, which will be very nice. He will get a 30 day block leave and then another leave before he starts OCS. In less than a year, Jeremy will get to be where he wants in his career and we will all be together as a family. In 5 months, I get to see him and we get to meet our baby! So there is our state of the union...did you get all of that? Lets see how much this changes in a year!

No comments: