Saturday, September 1, 2007

Waimea Falls & Pearl Harbor

The past couple of days have been eventful. Wednesday we went to Waimea Falls and had a great time. We walked a lot and had some Hawaiian Ice. (Below) There were some little Hawaiian Piggys running around when we first got there. I know that there is a name for those pigs but I don't know what it is. They were snacking on Strawberry Guava that had fallen from the trees. At Waimea Falls we saw all kinds of plants, trees and animals. It sprinkled a little bit here and there but it actually felt good. After that we went to Cholo's ( a local mexican restaurant on the North Shore). We ate every bit of our food because we had not eaten all day! It was great.



This is a berry hawaiian ice. They were so good but they stained your mouth bright red. They were selling these down by the waterfall so we all three got one. They were messy but worth it!








So I took a picture of these ducks because I swear they are half duck/half chicken! And they followed us because they are used to getting fed. So they chased the car!




Yesterday(Thursday) we went back to the North Shore and shopped around in the souviner shops for awhile. It was pretty hot (for Hawaii, so it was probably around 85-90 degrees). After we shopped for a little bit we went to Matsumoto's for a snow cone. Matsumoto is the most popular snow cone in the world. There are pictures of celebrities all over the wall. If you go to Hawaii, you must stop in at Matsumotos just to check it out. They even offer this weird type of bean that goes in the snow cones. They're supposed to taste sweet and they're from Japan originally. I haven't tried them yet but I plan on it. They look like baked beans though so I'm kind of hesitant :). We were headed to Waimea Bay to go swimming when I got the phone call from mom about Daisy Mae and Bonzo. We went home from there because I couldn't have fun, plus I was sick (still am) over the whole situation. Anyway, we ordered pizza later last night and that was our day!


Today was better than yesterday. I cried myself to sleep last night and I still can't get my poor babies out of my head. So I had a headache today and my eyes were so puffy but we got up and went to Pearl Harbor. I am glad we got out because it took my mind off things. Pearl Harbor wasn't busy at all. We got right in and got to see all we wanted to in around an hour. Last time we went, it was packed and we barely got to go! That was when everyone was with us the day after the wedding.









There is still oil leaking from the U.S.S Arizona. The Pearl Harbor Memorial is built over the Battleship U.S.S. Arizona that sank during the war. There are still over a thousand men buried in the ship. They left it where is lay. It was a really sad feeling out there.



Anyway, we left Pearl Harbor and went to Zales to get my ring sized. I got some Starbucks and grandma and aunt rachel had orange julius. They got some pineapple julius and they really liked it. After we shopped around we went and ate at Dixie Grill. It wasn't as good this time as last time. It was kind of crowded and it seemed like they couldn't get anything right. They enjoyed themselves though and we saw a rainbow!

No comments: