Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Dole Pineapple Plantation and Waimea Bay!!


Today we went to the Dole Pineapple Plantation. Grandma and Aunt Rachel had pineapple floats and I had pineapple soft serve in a waffle cone. The place was pretty busy but we got in the shorter line and the wait wasn't too bad. At Dole they serve pineapple non-dairy ice cream. They fix it in so many different ways. They have banana splits that are large enough for 6 people no kidding. The pineapple floats that grandma and Aunt Rachel got are made of the pineapple ice cream and then they float it in fresh pineapple juice. They ate and drank every bit of it too. My waffle cone was great but it was messy! At Dole, we just strolled around the gift shop and the plantation for a little bit and came back home to relax. With it being labor day we were afraid that everything would be too crowded, otherwise we would have gone for our usual sunset swim at the North Shore!


This picture is where grandma and Aunt Rachel were feeding the huge fish.


I feel bad because Jeremy didn't get to go this time. He loves the pineapple ice cream, as you can see!! And Grandpa too!!

That was all we really did today. I slept from 9:30 last night to 11:30 a.m. today. My sleeping habits are crazy! We came back home and I decided (since grandma and Aunt Rachel had been watching cooking shows all day) to cook something from our very full cabinets! I made a casserole out of all kinds of stuff(red, yellow, and orange peppers, brocolli, cheese, onion, garlic, noodles, jalapenos, etc.) and it turned out pretty good! Other than that, our day was pretty simple.I am running a low grade temp. tonight so if I keep getting headaches I am going to the doctor. I have had headaches every day for awhile now. They seem to happen at night too so I don't know what the deal is.

On Saturday and Sunday we decided to go to the beach and swim. Saturday we lucked out and found a great parking spot down in Waimea Bay. This is a great beach across from Waimea falls, the waterfall that we went to last week. Its a really pretty beach with very little waves and really soft sand. We always wait until late in the afternoon so that we can see the sunset and it isn't as hot. When I say hot I mean 88-90 degrees, low humidity. NOT Arkansas Hot!! Anyway, down at Waimea Bay there is a huge rock that people jump off of. When Jeremy gets home I really think I'm gonna do it. There is a pic below of a guy that took the plunge! It looks like a lot of fun really. On Sunday, Waimea Beach Park was packed! We couldn't find a spot so we went back up to the North Shore where we could find a spot. Its a really nice beach, only it doesn't have a restroom. Yesterday we swam there and then came on home and went to bed fairly early. It was the first night since Jeremy has been home that I actually got a normal nights rest! He has been calling me every day at least once. The army is not my friend now. They are ridiculous with the guys out there. He has been having proglems and they tell him ibuprofen and water. He could be on his death bed and they would tell him to take ibuprofen and water. He is absolutely sick of the army and can't wait to be out!




We thought this was funny, the peacocks loved this car. We are back at Waimea Falls for a little bit because Grandma and Aunt Rachel wanted to look in the giftshop for pictures and stuff.

This is another shot of the sunset from Waimea Bay. It was even more beautiful in person

This guy jumping off the big rock

Well, thats about it for the past couple of days for us. Tomorrow we plan on going to get my rings back from Zales and playing around down at the Pearlridge mall. I'll update more later! Goodnight

No comments: