Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Wal-Mart Even in Hawaii...Go Figure!!

Well, today we went to Wal-Mart to stock up on some stuff for our 2 night stay at Bellow's Air Force Station. That is all we did today was go to Wal-Mart and then to the commisary to pick up a few extra things. For example, they carry Aunt Rachel's Caffiene Free Coke Classics there and not at Wal-Mart. She likes those because she can drink them late and they don't keep her up.I am trying with Grandma to get hooked on Coke Zeros. They have caffiene but no calories or carbs. We are trying to get used to those and I think it is working! At the commisary we also got hot dogs and stuff for our next couple of days at the cabin. We are leaving in the morning to first: Go to the Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium. It is a huge flea market type event that goes on here in Hawaii. It is really neat but it gets HOT because it is on pavement all the way around the stadium. Its crazy. The website is
http://www.alohastadiumswapmeet.net /

if you would like to see what it is all about!

After the Swap Meet we are going to pick up my rings and shop around (again) at the Pearl Ridge Mall. I have a specific request from Brian for a shirt at this store he really liked. He still likes it so I'm going to get it for him if they still have it. When he gets his heart set on a certain look, you might as well go ahead and buy whatever it is he likes, otherwise he keeps searching and searching and is not satisfied until he finally breaks down and spends the money on whatever it is. Typical high maintenance musician already! Thats ok though I don't mind.So anyway,we are really just going to kill some time until about 3:00 when we can check in at Bellow's.

I really like Bellow's because it is like you are camping right on the ocean. There are 2 bedroom cabins with everything you need in them. It is really relaxing to stay there, you can hear the waves all night long. Also, the sunrise is on that side of the island. Bellow's is on the East shore of Oahu, so from the cabin you can watch the sunrise over the ocean. I even got up for this last time we stayed there, and something has to be borderline amazing before I am EVER awake early enough to watch the sunrise. Here are some pics from last time we stayed there.















I don't know if I will have wireless internet access while I am out there but I will definitely try to keep updating as we stay at Bellow's. Surely I can get a connection out there, but if not I will update on Friday evening. Then I can post pics from this stay too. I guess I need to get to bed, I know two women that are going to be ready to bargain hunt bright and early in the morning!

No comments: