Monday, September 24, 2007

I'm catching up finally!!

I Love Hawaii!!

Monday, September 24th
I called Bellow's Air Force Station today to see if they had any openings for a cabin this week. They did so we are staying at Bellow's tomorrow night and wednesday night..yay!! Mom loves Bellow's too so we are excited. It will be 2 days without posting but I will take plenty of pictures and update on Thursday night when we get home. Now today we are going to pack and get ready to go. Tonight we are going to Dave and Buster's for dinner, because the Happy Hour is great there. The appetizers are half off, half off drinks, and they give you free credits to play upstairs with. There isn't a Dave and Buster's in Arkansas but I hope we get one. Its like a big kid Chuck E. Cheese only with much better food. Here is the link to the website:
http://www.daveandbusters.com/

Sunday, September 23rd


We got up early and went to the Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium. We were there for around 3 hours and we made it all the way around the stadium!! We stopped for Shaved Ice about half way. We found tons of stuff and were soo exhausted by the time we got to the car because that place is so huge!! Mom was being hilarious.

Here is the link to the Swap Meet website:
http://www.alohastadiumswapmeet.net/
Next we went to the NEX (Navy Exchange) to get a shelf for mine and Jeremy's room. I have so much stuff and so does he, so I bought a cheap rubbermaid type shelf to put together and stand in our room. It looks so much better now though, very organized! I feel much better. I had a problem with the shelf though, because one level was red and for some reason the red was rubbing off everywhere! I had to take it outside and clean it like 5 times. It was a mess but its taken care of now!

The NEX was out of hangers so I drug mom to Wal-Mart to get hangers...she stayed in the car. I came out with Caramel Frappucinos trying to wake her up. Wal-Mart is starting to have coffee shops in them out here and that is not good for me!! I already feel addicted to Starbucks and their drinks at Wal-Mart were just as good. Anyway, in Hawaii there are rainbows almost everyday. The one we saw while we were leaving Wal-Mart was so bright and huge! It was a full arch too but we couldn't get it all in the camera.

We got home and started straightening up the house then went to bed pretty early. It was easy to sleep because that was a long day.

Saturday, September 22nd


We went to the Pearl Ridge Mall to eat dinner and shop around. I found a deal on some shorts at Macy's and that was about all we bought. I was excited about the shorts because the tag said $6.99 already 75% off and I was happy with that price. After tax at the register I paid $4 for them. Crazy! Thats cheaper than lunch! I felt good about only spending $4 at Macy's :). Hawaii state taxes are only 4.25%. Come on Arkansas why are ours so high? Anyway, Jeremy called me and I talked to him for awhile. He had to hide to call me so we didn't talk very long. They are supposed to be able to use their cell phones again starting on Friday the 28th. He is so ready to come home STILL. Since I've had family out here with me it made things much easier for me. I feel bad for him but I'm glad he'll be home in around 10 days. Then we want time to drag by slowly because he is still scheduled to deploy in Mid-December. They found out they're going to be in Northern Iraq. Anyway, we are still planning on being in Arkansas from November 2nd to the 18th. After Pearl Ridge I took mom to a Wal-Mart that she had never seen in Hawaii. We were just killing time plus I wanted some headache medicine (which we forgot haha!!). You know how Wal-Mart is, you get distracted and leave with stuff you didn't plan on buying. When we got home, my friend the cat was here to see us. He (or she) is so sweet! We let him in to see if he could catch the mouse that got in but he freaked out when mom closed the sliding door. I think he felt like we were cat napping him or something. He started meowing and stuff (I swear it was like he was crying because she shut the door). He liked being inside as along as the door was open so he could get out. He never found the mouse because it scared mom this morning haha!! I will try to set the mouse trap again tonight but it just grosses me out! I think he is cute too but I don't want him inside. He got the cheese off the last trap I set and it didn't catch him. I was kind of relieved! Anyway, here are some pics of the neighbor cat that we like.



Friday, September 21st


We went to the North Shore and got Shaved Ice and then went to the beach just to see it. We didn't really feel like swimming. There were signs up at the beach that said strong current and no swimming. I have never seen the no swimming sign before so that was strange to see. The waves were awesome! There were so many people surfing too it was really neat to see. The waves were coming up so high that it was totally changing the look of the North Shore beach. This is the beach that grandma, aunt rachel and I went to the most because it was the one they liked. Anyway, the water was coming up so high that it was leaving a little pond on the flat part of the beach. I didn't get many pics because my batteries died.

You can't really tell in this one but the water is up very high compared to usual.

We came home after this and watched movies. We didn't really want to go anywhere because on Friday nights most places we wanted to go were busy and so we just had some down time.

Well, I hope this caught everyone up on what we have been up to. I was behind and I'm sorry!!

No comments: