Monday, January 21, 2008

I talked to Jeremy today finally! He is doing good and should be back at his home base tomorrow. They finally released everyone to call out so he called as soon as he could. He has been out and about some in the towns and has really seen what things are like out there. He got to talk with and stay with some of the local police and mayor the past couple of days(He can't tell me where). They were very friendly and accommodating to him, and are trying so hard to work with our army on rebuilding. He said the mayor keeps offering him chocolate and he had Internet access quite a bit. They are definitely feeding him well out there because he dropped his phone in brisket today...and it doesn't really work now. We have to buy a new one already! He is kind of glad he got to go on this mission because he got to meet people that are working with them instead of against them and that was encouraging. It worked out well that he messed his phone up, because he borrowed someone else's to call me and I could hear him so well! The best I've heard him since I left Hawaii in fact. So, now we know that it was his phone that made it hard for us to hear and we know what kind of phone to buy.

I am having a time trying to get the medical insurance transferred to Arkansas. I am so sick, as time went by today I just got worse (chest congestion, throat, and coughing). Jeremy had the same stuff last week and had to go to the doctor ( guess I caught it through the phone). The hard part is finding a doctor to take Tricare. I could always drive to Jacksonville Air Force Base I guess, but I don't feel like that at all. AND my car is messing up. Anyway, Chloe and Barney are right here to keep me warm and Brian takes care of the 24/7 musical entertainment....

No comments: