Monday, August 25, 2008

Brian at the Rev Room

Last night Brian sang before a packed audience at Rumba Revolution(The Rev Room). He sounded better than ever! He was competing for the KSSN Colgate Country Showdown. He made the top 5 and was the only one in the top 5 that wasn't a full band. We were all so proud of him and he made lots of new fans and connections. Here is the video from it. It was taken from a friend of Brian's digital camera, therefore the quality isn't very good and the sound is off (you can't tell how amazing his vocals were on the video). I wanted to go ahead and post it because you will hear all the screaming fans and people already singing along with his song. He performed "Wish You Were Here", which is a song that he wrote. Hang in there through the screams and you can get a good idea of how last night went....(Make sure you go to the bottom of this page first and pause the music play list so you can hear the video). I am so proud of him.


I had very few pictures from the night, but we had fun! Here are some loyal fans...

Brandi, Brian and Me

Brian and Laura (one of mom's friends and a big fan of Brian's)

Ashley and Brian

Me and Jana


Jeremy and I bought a video camera before he left to go back to Iraq. You can tell I haven't owned one in awhile, considering I brought it along last night to tape Brian and didn't get a backup battery nor did I make sure the only battery was fully charged. I brought the video camera along to my first doctor's appointment to tape the heartbeat and didn't get the chance (there was a very fast and fluttering heartbeat, but everything went so fast and mom didn't get the chance to get my camera out of my purse, :( sorry again Jeremy my fault.) Apparently I left it on when I checked to make sure it was working properly in the waiting room....which leads me to why my battery was totally dead at The Rev Room last night. LESSON LEARNED I hope. Oh and I was "extra prepared" by going through my digital camera and deleting most of my pictures to make sure I had enough space to tape Brian on it as a backup. By the time I had deleted all of my pictures I had killed that battery too. Gah! So annoying.

After the Rev Room we proceeded to Discovery. Norman (grandpa's brother)owns the club and gave the family a tour. Again, the worst night ever to NOT have my camera. The tour was almost over and we were going to have a seat when Brian started feeling really bad. He had a headache and was so pale and weak. Then his vision started to blur. It really scared him and us. Mom had to catch him once because he was falling back like he was going to pass out. After trying to feel better, we wound up at the Springhill Baptist ER last night. His blood pressure was very high when we got there. They did a brain scan, EKG, and blood work on him. They did the brain scan just to be safe, since he had a really bad concussion a little over a year ago when he flipped his car. Everything was fine and they said it was probably a migraine coming on. We were all so tired at this point. They released him later on and I think everyone was in bed barely before the sun came up. What a night! Today we are all still recovering. We slept hard and feel pretty rough today.

No comments: