Sunday, August 3, 2008

How We're Doing......

I'm going to try to keep track of the first pregnancy journey on here. I want to be able to look back and remember as much as possible, keep Jeremy informed as much as he wants to be :), and compare in the future!

Other than being really sleepy, things are going very smoothly for me right now. I feel good (as long as I'm resting a lot). I've been reading in the books and online that around six weeks is when you start feeling queasy. So far I'm in the clear, but I know it is nowhere near the end! Mom felt sick instantly, and I haven't been sick once. I have been so dizzy a lot though, especially when I'm out shopping, walking or after I eat. It scares me because I don't want to pass out, and I have never passed out in my life! It really feels like I am just going to fall over though. Also, I get hot flashes here and there. Nothing big at all though unless I'm outside and who isn't hot outside right now. The only thing I am really wanting a lot of is cheese. I have always been a fan of pickles and that hasn't changed. Oh and hot sauce. I have been drinking spicy V8 with Louisiana Hot Sauce. Brave huh... I've had heartburn maybe twice, and that was before I knew I was pregnant. I am hoping things stay this simple(don't laugh). As far as growing, my shirts are already too tight up top and I can tell my stomach is changing. Of course I'm not showing yet, but definitely I can tell a difference. The mild cramps have stopped luckily and I'm over my cold, so I am feeling much better than week 4. Personality wise, I am more irritable. I try to ignore it because I don't want to be the "I'm pregnant I have an excuse to be catty" girl. I never knew how serious people were when they said your emotions are insane. I mean, out of control!! Mom has put me in my place a couple of times, but what else is new....I guess that is about it. August 19th is my first appointment and that can't come fast enough.

Jeremy is waiting on internet to be turned on in his room. It was supposed to be working today but I don't think it is or I would have heard from him. He is trying to re-adjust to the heat again because it is so hot out there. He hasn't called and I can't get through when I call him, so I think they are having tower difficulties today.

Brian made the top ten on the KSSN Colgate Competition. The finals are August 23rd at Rumba Revolution in downtown Little Rock. Also, we will be traveling to Grapevine, TX August 29th-31st because Brian is singing at the Opry down there. It is a really big place that he has been waiting literally years for the opportunity. They invited him down to be on the show and he is really excited.

No comments: