Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Every now and then I have to....I'm Sorry!!

First of all, after talking to Jeremy today I found out that he needed 407 points for his promotion to Sergeant and he had 512!! That deserves a bonus or something. Another exciting thing that he has going on out there, is that he is packing his first box (I forgot what they call them....they're like huge locking rubbermaids) to be sent back to Hawaii. Already, they are getting things ready to be sent home! Nothing of his personally, but weapons and stuff. That is a great sign. Next month, he is putting in his packet for Officer Candidate School too. I know he will be glad to get that finished and submitted. Jeremy is really achieving great things out there, and not just passing the time. I think that says a lot for him. Which reminds me.

If I hear one more uneducated comment about how "these guys signed up for it and they should expect to go to war" or "they knew what they were getting into and that's just part of the career" or "war is a part of life we all have to deal with" I think I may knock that person out. Seriously, and I am not a violent person. I wonder if the people (that are stupid enough to make this comment to my face) realize that because these men and women joined the military, their ignorant asses don't have to be drafted? Do they realize that because the soldiers "knew what they were getting into" that makes those soldiers more heroic? Of course they know what they're doing! Someone has to do it! What idiot civilian says these things to a military wife pushing month 10 of a deployment, carrying the child of a soldier at war that will barely make it home (hopefully) for the birth of his first born child??? Way too many and I can't be nice anymore. As a military family, we are prepared for lots of things. There will be plenty of hard times, just like other families face. How ungrateful do you have to be to make statements suggesting that we all deserve to go through the sleepless nights and worrying? That those soldiers deserve to miss out on life's events with the attitude that "they made their bed now they have to lie in it"? The thing is, all of the comments I receive I do not ask for. I'm not asking for sympathy when these comments pour in. All someone has to hear is that you're military. In fact, I don't mention:

1. My schedule revolves around one phone call
2. It kills us that Jeremy can't experience this pregnancy with me
3. I'm scared to death that he won't make it home in time
4. Dog food bags are heavy
5. So are full laundry baskets, trash cans, 24 packs of water and Barney! What happens when I'm huge?**
6. Insomnia is worse than many things
7. We don't get to watch our favorite shows together
8. We will be married for 2 (going on 3) years when we get to experience our first Christmas together
9. When he left I was 24, when he gets home I'll be 26.
10. We don't get to cook together anymore
11. I rarely cook at all, ever tried cooking for one?
12. The first time he will go to the baby doctor with me, it will be to meet his child
13. My husband can't leave work early when I'm sick
14. I can't be there for him when he is sick, or having a bad day
15. The smell of his cologne=automatic sobfest
**Jeremy can't wait to be home and live a more normal life, but Thank God for my family helping me through all of this...that is how we will make it until he comes home**

Grandpa cuts the grass, carries out the trash if Brian forgets, helps me with the vehicle, is building me a deck, is putting down new flooring, fixes my appliances and represents his grandson (he leaves out the in-law part) with his 25th ID Tropic Lightning hat every day.
Not to mention, grandma and grandpa have provided a place for us to call home! We are so grateful. They are both great listeners too, I walk across the street with issues A LOT. My dinner time is often at their house, thanks to grandma's cooking!

Brian has already experienced the pregnancy wrath and I am scared for his future :) Plus, talk about a good last minute grocery shopper/errand runner!

I digressed...we have tons of supportive family and friends and we love you...back to the point

My list could go on for a long time but I won't. I have already written way more than I had planned about this subject and I am sorry! I think we have a good life and my point is, everyone I come across seems to know more than Jeremy and I do about the war, the military, politics, being an army wife, etc. and I didn't ask for anything but an oil change or (fill in the blank with random daily chore). If it is such a matter of fact thing in our lives, that people can remark about the weather, gas prices, razorbacks, and then well yeah yeah war blah blah get used to it...then I'm about to make lots of enemies. All I'm asking is leave it at weather and razorbacks PLEASE!?!


No comments: