Wednesday, January 12, 2011

28

I laughed so hard the night of my birthday. I'm not sure what had gotten into Jackson, but he was in the mood to be a comedian, and that made my day. Jeremy didn't get home until around 4, but I had plenty of entertainment.

We chose Smokey Bones for dinner and I'm not sure why (we had a ten dollar off coupon and I'm cheap, that is why). Anyway, we should have chosen Carrabba's or Longhorn Steakhouse but I wasn't sure how kid friendly they are. We have never been to either one. Smokey Bones is okay...but nothing special. So while we are in the restaurant things were going fine until we were almost ready to leave. At that point it was time for Jackson's 3rd diaper of the night. I couldn't believe he had gone through 3 wet diapers, we only live 10 minutes from this place and I only packed 3. I was trying to lighten the load in the diaper bag (for once). So I grabbed the final diaper and wipes from the bag and off we go. While I'm changing him in the end stall on the little changing table the new diaper's tape and the left side of the diaper rips right off the side. Jackson knew it was bad and he took a time out from howling to say "oh frick". (I have to get him away from saying this word! I know it isn't a bad word but still, it is what it is. He has heard us all say it.) He always howls in public bathrooms because he likes the echos. Well at this point I had not realized we were totally out of diapers so I rigged Jack's diaper the best I could, while both of us were laughing, and went back out to get the bag from Jeremy.

We get back into the bathroom and I put Jack back on the table, and trash the diaper. Reach into the bag and realize great, we have no diapers left and I just tossed the last half diaper we have left into the trash can. I just looked at Jackson and started laughing and he glared back at me for a minute and started chuckling the cutest little laugh, and then he peed on both of us. At this point I'm glad the changing table was located within the handicap stall and not out near the sink like many are. I stood there debating on what to do with my pants less little boy and all I could do was laugh. On a bad day I probably would have cried. He laughed too but he was wanting down. I said a fast "Dear God please let there be a diaper under his extra change of clothes" and to my surprise there was a spare! Until then, I was thinking about stuffing his pants with paper towels to get him home, or going out into the dining area and looking for a baby his size and asking to borrow a diaper. That was a first.









My huge plant from Mom that I love

Up close before dinner


First ever flower cake from Dad! So pretty
I have been working on printing our blog book, and realized that I love the days that I went into more details about stuff. The memories I have are enhanced by the small things I have already forgotten. So warning: as you can tell, I'm making time and bringing the details back.
When we got home from dinner Jackson was like a mad man after my cake. He has started eating more, and I'm sure that contributed to his excitability, but he also has realized the he LOVES cake. Just like his mommy. It is my addiction, it haunts me at the grocery store and takes over my mind when it is in my house. So yes it is gone now and I think that we are all better off this way

I don't care if it is a girly wand, it has frosting on it



Sugar Silly

Making use of my crown
So, my 28th birthday was low key, a great day with my boy, and a great night with my boys. It is going to be a great year.

No comments: