Thursday, January 27, 2011

Is it Spring yet?


Wagon ride!

I let Jax play outside today and I know I shouldn't have. We were only out there for about 30 minutes and it was 55-60 degrees...but he has been sick and I don't think it helped him any. He was too hot in his jacket. Benadryl won't even touch what he has going on with sinuses and congestion. He wanted to go out so badly I finally gave in after nap time.
 I thought keeping his ears covered up even if its warmer can't hurt
 He isn't doing worse tonight, but he is not better for sure. As the tradition goes, I will be calling the doctor tomorrow (always on a Friday) and begging for help.

He sang his own lullaby tonight and I just want to never put him down. Twinkle twinkle little star has never sounded so precious. I keep hearing him cough, so I'm just waiting on him to come out of his room with his monkey and crawl in bed with us :)

It has come down to this...I feel like my shopping trips are like self inflicted homework and I have to report on them haha! It is such a fun challenge and hobby. But I am blogging about it I think because I take saving money more seriously now than ever and I want to keep up with what I'm saving and maybe ignite some ideas in your minds too. Fun for me, probably boring to you :)

So how did the Publix trip go? I think pretty well. First off, we were out of coffee (a staple) and so they were having a deal on the whole beans luckily and I spent $5 on 2 bags that we normally pay $6.99 a piece for at Wal Mart. I'm thinking maybe I should have bought a couple more.

Also, I took advantage of the deal going where you buy a certain name brand item you get theirs for free...Spaghetti was the theme so I got some free pasta, sauce, baby spinach, and parm cheese, and had coupons for the name brands. That helped.
Can you spot the little boy?
Anyway, there are a couple of items not pictured (hummus, cheese, Sam Adams($8!), and the (2) juicy juice 12 packs are hidden). 4 V8 splashes that I am excited about. Some strange purple passion potatoes that I have never heard of in my life, (free or else I wouldn't even go there) and lots of baby spinach, lettuce, soup, rotel, (4)spaghetti sauces, and condiments galore (thanks kraft!). We are set for some cookouts haha!

Total before coupons and B1G1: $105.61
After: $31.04 with tax
70% savings!
Of course I will be going to Wal Mart this weekend for chicken and a few other generics, but I am happy with the outcome tonight. Oh! And I stopped by Rite Aid and picked up 2 free 4 packs of GE Light Bulbs. Sweet. 

Jeremy is ready for the weekend, I am ready to stop being dizzy and to stop having a constant headache, and Jackson is ready to breathe normally :(  But we are happy and looking forward to some pretty weather Saturday and a good time at church Sunday if Jax is up to it.

No comments: