Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Arkansas Wrap Up

I hope everyone had a great Christmas! We had a nice time while we were home and as usual, time flew by for us! Maybe these pics will sum up our holidays....


Christmas with the McNairs

Logan (3 and a half) and Jackson (21 months) first cousins and too cute

The 3 little ones. Landen is the youngest he is 16 months I believe. Aunt Janie and Chasity are giving them a hand.
  It is always a fun and exciting time at the McNair's! We had it early this year, and it was so nice to relax and not have to rush around. I love that there are 3 little boy cousins all within 3 years of each other. It has really been something watching them grow (at the speed of light). Jeremy's side has lots of boys, so it will be interesting to see who has the first spoiled rotten little girl!

At Garvan Gardens  
Two years ago, while Jeremy was deployed and I was pregnant with Jackson, I went to Garvan Gardens for the first time with my family. I remember talking about the next time we came here, we would have a baby with us. I tried to imagine what he would look like and how I would be as a mom. I just couldn't imagine it! Words can not describe how much I under estimated the greatness that happened to me on March 20th 2009, and the happiness that he brings us every day! I was so excited to take him to see the lights for the first time! We skipped last year because we ran out of time, naturally....
Brian and Ashley with their hot chocolate

Brian and Grandma

Me and my hungry boy

Looking at the blue lights on the water with Grandpa

 It was really cold, so we didn't make it through the entire place, but we still had fun. Jackson wanted to run all over the place and it isn't that kid friendly at times. Afterwards, we went to one of our favorite places: Buffalo Wild Wings!

Christmas in Sheridan was fun too! Brian actually got about 2 weeks to be home from Nashville, and we got about 2 weeks. We always do Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's house and also at the Rec Center with the Davenport side of our family.

He knows what he is doing, and always says "oh wow!" when he opens a present

My family doesn't take much seriously, for example this is Brian and Ashley's entrance Christmas night as we went back to Grandma's to eat.


Mom, Jeremy, and Brian




Playing with Aunt Ash




At the Rec Center pulling Grandma by the hand

Our get together with the Davenport side
 
It was great seeing everyone that night, but we had to cut out early for Andrew's surprise 30th birthday party!



Jana is my best friend and she and Andrew have been in my life for over 10 years now! We couldn't miss the party.

They also invited us over for New Year's Eve and we had a blast singing karaoke!
Brian and Ashley


I didn't get many pictures because my flash died! I'm still learning how to do everything with my camera too, I have a long way to go. 
Eric singing (Jeremy's brother)
Jeremy and Lola

We always have fun while we are home in Sheridan, and we are sad to leave every time. This time was especially hard and I'm not sure why. I think it is because we are so ready to get home and be closer to family and friends. Jackson is growing so fast, plus I miss my friends and family more than ever. It is so nice when you live close! There are nice things about moving around and we really do love where we are right now. It would be perfect if we could move our little area of land to Arkansas (and all the businesses we have grown to love while living in different states).
2010 was a great year for us. It started out rough (robbery in KY), but that led to us moving on post in January. We found out in March that we were moving to Ft Benning, left Kentucky in October, had a month to find a place and now here we are in Alabama! So we moved twice, traded in the car for the mountaineer, celebrated 3 years of marriage, Jackson's first birthday, Jeremy's 30th birthday, and my 27th, just to name a few. We touched down in Indiana, Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Missouri, and Georgia.
We are hoping for a great 2011. I know it is going to be a fast year and trust me we are going to make the best out of where we are at! As soon as we get some warm weather, we are doing some sight seeing!





No comments: