Monday, January 31, 2011

Shakespeare Can Be Rough

 My little guy loves the bookshelf. Today he grabbed the Complete Works of William Shakespeare and took off running with it. Before I could stop him he tripped...and caught the corner of the book under his eye. He cried pretty hard for a minute and was over it.


At the park on post.

We took advantage of the warm weather this weekend along with everyone else. Once we left the house I was wishing I had worn flip flops. If only that weather would hang around!
Nap #2


After lunch

Yes Jackson has been sick, but we weren't going to keep him cooped up. We did skip church since his nose is so runny and his cough is bad. I knew they probably would appreciate us staying home...even though I think he caught this bug in his class at church! So on Saturday we had to go by Jeremy's office to unlock some stuff. Luckily, I got to see Jeremy's awesome work truck. We were hoping Jack would be awake to take a ride but it was his first nap time for the day. Maybe next time.

:)

Next was lunch at the PX then we went to the huge playground on post to play. I can't believe what a little monkey this boy is.

He can climb these no problem. We are close by to help.

Sand between the toes

After we played HARD (2 naps!) we went by Publix, CVS, and Rite Aid. I didn't take pictures but I did get 24 free light bulbs among some other things like diapers, wipes, shampoo, and 2 rebates for $10 Publix gift cards. I don't know what I will do in AR without Publix :)

Saturday night we were home in time to enjoy the rest of the daylight too, Jack was happy about that.

Lately he has been waking up in the middle of the night to get in bed with us. I don't know if it is because he is sick or not, but as long as he goes back to sleep I don't mind it at all. He is such a cuddle bear except for those feet he likes to kick around. If I am awake enough I usually take him back to his room.
Me and my girl lounging, she is so goofy. She wanted her picture taken.

In the back of the picture above you can see a turned over tool bench that belongs to a boy in his officially terrible two's. It is probably a combo of being on medicine, not feeling well, and his mommy's perfect timing of hiding all the paci's, along with the big "2" approaching. Jumping off couches, climbing, breaking things, rebelling, throwing fits....we are there. Thankfully, he goes to sleep at nap and bed time so easily! We tell him it is time, we get no argument, we tell a story, and before the end he is out. Yay!

Another thing he has learned to do well is twinkle twinkle little star. He LOVES singing, so the other night while he was going to bed I recorded this. He has gotten even better at it now too! I'm not
sure why the video turned out so dark. He has a good night light.
 


If music be the food of love, play on
--William Shakespeare

No comments: