Friday, October 5, 2007

The Final Hours Before Jeremy is Home!!

Jeremy and Doug's Welcome Home Halloween Cupcakes, my decorating level has officially reached that of a 5 year old...Jeremy is the artsy one we will see what he thinks :) So mom made it home and is rested up for Timberfest tonight. Brian plays at 8:00 tonight and at 1:00 tomorrow on the front stage. She is supposed to take some pics for me! Jeremy is in the air right now :) He lands at 2:40 and he is supposed to be at the quad(where he works) at around 5:00 or 6:00. I feel like I didn't sleep at all last night! 3rd brigade has been coming home from Iraq the past couple of weeks first of all, so there has been a lot of loudness on post. I don't blame them for celebrating, and I won't call the military police because they have been through a year and a half of deployments and I hate to get them in trouble already. Anyway, I don't know who it was but all night last night people were driving up and down the street and doing donuts, squealing tires, etc. I was sleeping with the windows open because it is so nice outside and was raining. Every time I would drift off to sleep either the cars would be crazy outside or the neighbors would be stirring around. I think I woke up every fifteen minutes with my heart beating out of my chest!! You know how when you're alone you are more cautious of noises and things plus that's not typical in our neighborhood. I know this weekend will probably be no different but I think Jeremy will probably not listen to it all night. There are obvious tire tracks in the yard and ditch outside too....Earlier last night, to take my mind off things, I made some welcome home Halloween cupcakes before I went over to Freeah's house. Baking really did help me to focus on other things and pass the time. I was on the phone with Jeremy while I was decorating the cupcakes and I kept messing up, but he never asked what I kept getting frustrated with. Anyway, Freeah's husband (Boyd) is a good friend of Jeremy's but he doesn't get home until Sunday. She has had the same problems as I have been having ( anxiety, sleeplessness) and we just talked for a couple of hours. I came home and read my book and started the process of trying to go to sleep. Of course I woke up for the 100th time at around 8:00 this morning and gave up on sleeping. The guys were running up and down the road doing their PT and there was no hope!! Oh well, maybe I'll sleep good tonight. I'm going to get Jeremy in the truck because he has so much stuff to haul home, plus its all sandy from being in the desert. I'm going to try to take some pics tonight of him coming home, getting off the bus, etc. If I don't post them later tonight I will post them tomorrow. Well, I have rambled enough for now I guess!

No comments: