Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Steroid talk and I'm preaching like my husband...

I am really not liking being on steroids at all. Does anyone else think 10 mg, 6 times a day is too much?? He has me on 60 mg a day until today and now I'm backed down to 40. They make me restless but unproductive at the same time. When I finally fall asleep I have crazy dreams that wake me up AND my wrist isn't any better. Ohhh and I wonder if it would be too much to ask for prednisone to NOT make me eat everything I can get my hands on? I have less then 2 months until the Mr. gets home and I was doing so good! I was down 15 pounds in a little over a month and then low and behold life handed me another lemon (more like a rt 44 coke, a peperoni and onion quesa pizza with ranch dressing, cheese dippers, a Hershey bar, 2 stalks of broccoli, a cheesy potato broccoli lean cuisine, half a jar of pickles and a bag of pretzels) :) No big deal I guess as long as I don't form a habit of eating for 10. Besides, I'm pretty sure Jeremy isn't going to measure my waist when he gets home.

Jeremy finally called this evening and I got to talk to him for about an hour on Skype. He is doing pretty good, he said he had been out hunting bad guys. GREAT! So I guess I can quit hoping that he is just really caught up in a ping pong tournament or guitar hero marathon like mom keeps implying. Yeah, so I was supposed to hear from him on Sunday and they told him they were going to be out for 30 minutes maximum. 3 days later they get back in. Poor Jeremy, on R&R he will probably sleep all the way here on the plane and then sleep for the first week he is home too. They really need to let those guys rest more. The problem is: there are very few guys doing the work and many, many more hardly working at all. You hear these stories from soldiers that watch all kinds of movies, work out constantly, play games, poker tournaments, etc.....Jeremy is not one of these lucky guys. He is always doing one of 4 things.
1. Working
2. Eating(while working)
3. Talking to me (when he should be sleeping)
4. Sleeping (lots of times while he has a break on a mission)

I am definitely not saying he does it all, but he does a lot without nearly enough recognition. I talk to enough army wives, read enough blogs and message boards, and listen to Jeremy enough to know that all men are not equally involved over there. I WISH Jeremy was one of the guys that didn't have to do anything. I am certainly not downplaying the other soldiers' duties at all. Each and every one of them are heroes. After all, they are sitting in a war zone while we sit in America with our freedom. I am just saying that my hubby is my hero no matter how much he argues with me that he isn't. I appreciate him so much and this will only make him stronger when he gets home. I really wish that every average civilian citizen of this country could live just one day in the life of a soldier at war. Then the day to day "problems" might not seem so important after all. The little things that I see people obsessing over daily around here are so small compared to what really matters. So what if we have to work late, deal with ignorant people, or get caught up with too many boring routines. Which is worse, 15 months of people trying to kill you or a little extra overtime and inconvenience.........I'm just saying think about it.
Lets not forget the third option! Being born into a country like Iraq.

Anyway, on a totally different note....I made this :)




No comments: