Thursday, July 21, 2011

Aquarium Fun

Jackson and I took off to Atlanta Tuesday morning to meet up with my friend Brooke (we go all the way back to first grade!) and her little boy Brandt. They were in Atlanta on a trip for Adam's job. Brandt and Jackson are only 5 months apart, and they are now great buddies.

They did really well together. It was a great trip, but it also made me and Brooke really sad that we don't live closer to each other. It would be so nice get together more since we have the same interests and things going on in our lives, and the boys are perfect little play partners. They live in Marion, Arkansas though so once we move home it should be slightly easier.  

Started off with a little bonding over the ipad


In the parking deck leaving the hotel.

Lunch at the aquarium. Mac and Cheese for starters

Pizza, then ended with red velvet cupcakes. The boys were on vacation so they ate what they wanted.

So, after a nice little sugar rush we went to see some fish
These things creeped me out.
 Several of the pictures didn't turn out too well, mostly because I didn't notice my flash battery was almost dead. Brooke got some good ones that I will post eventually.






 They got to watch the stars of the dolphin show play around before we went in to see it. I think the dolphins were their favorite part. Ours too probably! The show was awesome! Lights and music. Very pretty and the dolphins were too sweet :)

 Running and playing

Really cool tunnel



Giant aquarium with giant fish!

This would have been cuter if my flash would have worked! They were loving this part


Not afraid to work his way in

New penguin friend


I wish I could have gotten a picture of the massive whale sharks too. This place was huge.

Dragon fish. So cool

Leaving exhausted, with his souvenir that he chose. He and Brandt got the same thing :)


We had big plans for the rest of the night, but after a long tiring day we decided to go home. Jackson was out cold in the back seat, so that was a good indicator that we should head on back. I think since the place is so impressive, we will definitely have to take Jeremy before we move home.

No comments: