Saturday, July 30, 2011

Projects

In an effort to stay busy, we have been finding new things to do around the house. I love that this time of year has good toy and summer clearances! Down here it will be warm until November if I remember right, so we still have plenty of play time left with the summer toys.

 Aren't freezer pops the best?


 Play Doh. We love it. Jackson asks for me to get it out several times a day, so we have found ourselves really getting into it :)Might as well! It doesn't seem like long ago that I was begging for the stuff at the store myself!

Tough man! Those lids are on tight!

He was ready for me to sit down and play

He has lots of boo boos these days! Maybe his skin will recover once I can get him in some Fall/Winter clothes.
It doesn't help that he prefers to wear nothing when at all possible ha!  

 One of my projects has been space management. I have already turned my laundry room closet into a pantry, and now our bookshelf is being taken over too. I am not complaining, but we have some space issues here in this house. Just a temporary problem....but I dread moving all the perishables home. Pasta and salad dressing anyone? Last I counted I had 35 boxes of pasta (how can you turn it down when it is either free or a money maker?) I do plan to donate some. The army will be storing most of our belongings for up to a year. So our TVs and "pantry" are going home with us....and maybe Chloe if she starts behaving.
 I also remember painting with water when I was little! We scored some pretty good stuff at the Hobby Lobby clearance the other day. I'm introducing one or two new things to him every so often.

 He is ALWAYS ready to go. He owned the streets today.

The routine bedtime stories this week have been: Once There Was a Christmas Tree (which I love, it is a sweet story plus there is lots of snow and it takes me away from this summer heat!)

 And Let's Go to the Farm. Also a good one because he likes doing all the animal sounds and he likes picking out the fruits and veggies in the Farmer's Market. Of course I am talking about Jackson not Jeremy ha!
                                                                               

What a sweet age. I think I have figured out why Jack has been acting out of character lately, other than the normal 2 year old things. His 2 year molars are trying hard to come all the way in. Tonight he would just start crying for no reason, and then be fine. Very strange for him! Then he was reading a book and he started crying hard and actually said "I want my Mommy". Yeah....I dropped what I was doing and ran over to him. I had to soak up that moment :)  If you know me, then you know that I am wrapped around this little boy's finger and the smallest things just make me melt. I am still waiting to get over that part where if I picture any milestone in his future, I tear up....still waiting. Graduation and wedding day? Full blown depression. Anyway I have to stop with this or I will get sad.

As can be expected, no word from the army about Jeremy getting moved to the Warrior in Transition Unit, and no word from my doctor about when my appointment is going to be with the endocrinologist SO that means look out Arkansas! We might just be coming to town in the near future. I wish Jeremy could come with us :( but unfortunately since he is in a transition phase he has to stay close by. Also, his big appointment is August 2nd so he can't miss that. Jackson needs this trip plus my cousin is getting married so this looks like a great opportunity to head to the other side of the Mississippi for awhile. Although there will be lots of fun stuff going on in August, I have my work cut out for me getting the place ready for us to land there!

PS. Still haven't figured out what almost landed on our house the other night, but we have a strong suspicion that the props on a C130 came across our roof like reindeer on Christmas Eve.

Happy 5th Birthday to Kevin Disseler!!
When I first got out to Hawaii, he wasn't even a year old. He was the cute little chubby cheeked baby boy at our wedding and the first little one Jeremy and I babysat together :) Now he is 5?! Unbelievable

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't think you'll ever get over the tearing up thing when thinking about their future....I'm still waiting on that too girl! Love the pic of Kevin. Miss yall so much!