Sunday, April 20, 2008

In the Sand Box

As you probably know a few weeks ago Gen. Petraeus decided that anyone deployed after August of 2008 would serve a maximum of 12 months in Iraq/Afghanistan. When the request to shorten the deployment of soldiers presently deployed to 15 months, Gen. Petraeus denied it. This obviously disappointed me since I'm scheduled to be here for 15 months. However, yesterday Bush decided to place it back "on the table" so to speak. Now the decision to shorten my deployment (along with every other soldier here with me) to 12 months will be voted on by our government. This would put me back in Hawaii by Christmas. There are numerous prayer circles here in Iraq praying that we are home by Christmas. I am asking everyone to persistently and fervently pray that we only serve 12 month here. I know God listens to the hearts and voices of his children. My heart, along with every other soldier here, longs to be home with their families. And with our voices lifted to HIM, I know God will answer. Please pray with me.

No comments: