Tuesday, April 15, 2008

All McNairs

(Me, Papaw Louis, Mamaw Louis, Eric, and Logan)
(Kira took the picture)

We all had dinner tonight at the Mexican place here in town. It was great to see everyone! Logan is growing so much. He will be walking all on his own very soon. Also in the near future, plans will be in progress for a Welcome Home for R&R party for Jeremy, which is very exciting!! Less than 3 months!! The fun part about planning this party is that we can plan every detail early except for when?! The date will be up in the air until right before he gets home. Sorry! Blame the army.


Also, tax season ends tonight at midnight. I think everyone is taken care of on our end...I hope. We are having a yard sale this weekend at grandma's house, then I'm taking a break for about a week. I know for sure that I am working the 26th at Mazzios's. They are short handed due to prom and a music festival that weekend. I'm really not sure how much I'll be working there. It is a really flexible position for me because I already know how to do the job (since I worked there all the way from 10th grade until I graduated from college). Also, I can basically make my schedule how I want it and the tips are good. I am really good friends with the management, Brian works there, and several other people are still there that I am pretty close to. Another thing is that if I don't commit to a full time permanent job, I will be able to leave for Hawaii when Jeremy gets out of Iraq. We (tentatively) will be in Hawaii from the end of February until the end of June. At that point we are back in Arkansas....finally.

Along with working at Mazzio's, I plan on working as the VIP hostess at Discovery. I worked there last year on Saturday nights while I was in graduate school (During the week I worked at Enterprise in management). I enjoyed the job except for the hours. Since I was so busy they were really hard on me. NOW I am doing anything and everything to stay busy, and Jeremy's phone calls favor the late night hours anyway. So I think working once a week (Saturday nights) at Discovery along with random times at Mazzio's will work out well for me until next year. My schedule will probably be pretty sporadic until Jeremy gets home :) I usually hear from him between 12 a.m. and 3 a.m (when he gets a break early on at work). Then other times he will call at like 4 in the afternoon (when he gets a chance to nap, I certainly wouldn't call it bedtime). It doesn't really phase me on the time he calls, as long as I hear from him. Speaking of, he is supposed to be getting on here in the next couple of days and updating our blog with pictures and stuff...so be watching for an update from him! He has tried to get to a computer several times, but hasn't had any luck.


No comments: