Friday, April 4, 2008

Tornado Time and Jeremy Called!

First of all, I just got off the phone with Jeremy. He is so tired! They have been working really hard but he is safe.

Jeremy keeps up with a lot that goes on here in Arkansas through this blog. It is kind of like a journal/record keeping for us. This way, I don't forget! 15 months is a long time...plus he stays in touch with things that are going on in every one's lives. I plan on updating a lot even after he gets home too. Anyway, I'm posting this from yahoo news. I cut out all the interviews and small details, and just copied the general idea.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - A tornado hit parts of Little Rock and its suburbs Thursday, injuring an unknown number of people while damaging businesses and downing trees and power lines. Over the past two months, parts of Arkansas have seen a tornado during a storm outbreak that killed 13, a foot of snow, more than a foot of rain and near-record flooding.

See, they need to send him on home. Arkansas just can't function normally anymore without him :)

I showed up at about 12:30 a.m. this morning on grandma and grandpa's front porch...Chloe in my arms, purse, cell phone, keys, and Barney to my left. I had just gotten home from work and realized the second round of storms was moving in. I saw the 5 rotations heading our way and got scared. I grabbed my keys because we (the dogs and I) were going to mom's. The wind was terrible and the rain was coming down so hard! So I decided to just run across the street and chance waking the grandparents up. Grandma was still awake and when she opened the door I was dripping wet and obviously the dogs were too. She busted out laughing and let us in. I'm glad because the dogs were pretty scared! Brian was at mom's house so he didn't bother coming home til the storms ended. We waited the storm out at grandma and grandpa's for about an hour then came back home. It still is coming down really hard and lightening about every 10 seconds or so.

No comments: